This recipe is rich and perfect for a special winter indulgence.
It may not be an everyday dessert, but it sure is delicious once in a while!
- 100g Good quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 35g Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Egg yolks
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 ½ Tablespoons plain flour
- ¼ Cup cream fraiche
- 1 Mandarin, zested, segments separated
- 2 Tablespoons freeze dried mandarins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease four ramekins with spray oil.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a bowl over gently simmering water. In another bowl lightly whisk the eggs, yolks and sugar together. Whisk in the melted chocolate and mandarin zest, then fold in the flour.
- Pour mixture into ramekins to two thirds full. Transfer to the oven and bake for 10–15 minutes or until the edges are set and there is a slight wobble in the middle
- Turn out fondant onto a serving plate, top with mandarin segments, crème fraiche and freeze-dried mandarin (optional).
- Energy 1703kJ
- Total Fat 23.0g
- Sat. Fat 12.0g
- Carbs 46.2g
- Sugar 40.5g
- Sodium 78.0mg
- Protein 5.8g
- Fibre 0.8g